"Unless you're working on scaffolding, it pays to take a step back
and look at what you're doing."
In QE, it often pays to ask what might seem like a really dumb question.
Before you can ship a product, you need to know what the product is. What is
the Bill of Materials?
What other things might be part of the release?
- Is there hardware involved?
- What software files are involved?
- What is needed to run the product?
- Third-party files?
- Will the source code be shipped?
- How is the software physically delivered? CD? Floppy? Download?
- How is the documentation delivered? Books? Online?
- file permissions
- file stripping
- copyright and patent notices
- installation procedures
- upgrade procedures
- README files for late-breaking news
Copyright 1998 Anne Powelllast update 2/16/98